Monday, May 10, 2010

Telstra Apple iPad plans announced

Telstra has recently released pricing information on their Apple iPad according to the following article on the Bigpond site (Telstra unveils iPad data plans).

If I read this correctly, the pricing is for plans with no contract and are pre-paid plans. This pricing is very good. Couple this with Telstra's network which I've found to be better than other networks, and it does appear Telstra is being quite aggressive with their pricing.

Now whilst I don't want to be negative as I feel this is an excellent announcement, I can't help wonder why Telstra can't provide similar value for their pre-paid users with iPhones. Currently it costs $59 for 750MB with the Browse Plus 59 pack.

Aggressive pricing by Apple for the iPad and now aggressive pricing by Telstra will certainly be good for Australian iPad users.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments: