Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bank of Queensland Doncaster East branch closes

As mentioned in an earlier post, I recently went to my local Bank of Queensland branch only to find the branch was boarded up. I asked Centre Management if they had moved and they had no information. I also couldn't find any information on the Bank of Queensland site. It was all very disconcerting.

The next day I decided to check for the nearest Bank of Queensland branch so I could deposit some cheques. I checked out some of the branches and then noticed the manager from The Pines branch was now the manager of the North Balwyn branch, so I suspected they'd moved the branch to North Balwyn.

I wasn't too happy at first as North Balwyn is further away. I decided to measure the distance and it turned out to be 8.1km via Thompsons and Bulleen Road. I recalled The Pines was about 6km away, so really it wasn't so bad. I find it interesting that Doncaster, The Pines, Eltham, Bulleen and Lower Plenty are all around 6km away. Doncaster is fairly quick to get to, but once there, the parking can add quite an amount of time. So the distance isn't as bad as I first thought.

I was informed the branch had notices displayed since March, and to be fair, I do most of my banking online, so it had been a while since my last visit in person. Even though I've been banking at the branch for a number of years, my original branch is elsewhere and thus wasn't informed of the move. I think this could have been done better and certainly the web site for Bank Of Queensland could have the information online. but enough of my grumbling.

The staff were friendly and I recognised a smiling face. For those who like me can't find their local Bank Of Queensland branch in Doncaster East, I've included a photo of the branch which is close to the corner of Bulleen and Doncaster Roads in North Balwyn.

Happy banking.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments: