Thursday, April 18, 2013

Power meters being installed by United Energy in Templestowe

I received a letter drop letting me know United Energy were going to install a new electricity meter. This was followed by a second letter drop letting me know the meter would be installed between the 29th of April and the 10th of May 2013.

I'm in two minds with the new electricity meter. I can see how the electricity meter will make the reading of the meter far more efficient. The savings to the energy industry by automating this procedure should considerable over the years. In a way it really doesn't make sense that we are being charged in some way for this because the suppliers will make their money back from lower costs. A double win for suppliers.

From what I've read I should be able analyse my usage better and that could lead to further savings.
I've reduced our energy usage by around 50% so savings are going to be harder to find. However some of the data may help me in determining where I can control costs further and where I can't. Some of the data may be able to help me more accurately determine whether or not I should proceed with a standalone solar project I'm interested in putting into place. Better decisions are made when you have the numbers to back them.

I probably didn't like the tone of the letter where the question about whether or not you have to have a meter was basically, you do and tough. The second is according to the initial letter I've been paying for the meter since 2010. Great I thought. That's three years where I've been paying for something I'm not using. I'd like to see any business get away with this. However this is the government fault after all so we have to get over it.

Take care around this time as with any project of this scale there are likely to be fraudsters taking advantage of the change.


Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments: