Monday, September 12, 2011

Pin board now added to Online Connections

When I walk into a local business I notice one thing, or should I say I generally notice one thing that is missing. A few businesses have a notice board where their customers can add their business card and that way the business helps their customers. I think that is a great idea. I also notice some businesses will help their customers by putting a few business cards on their counter. That way the business gives back to their customer that really doesn’t cost them much but generates a lot of good will.

Since I don’t have a counter or a wall for a noticeboard I can’t help my customers in this way, but I do have a web site and can provide a virtual pin board. Whilst my virtual pin board has been around for a while I decided to give it more prominence on my site. I’ve added Pin Board to the main menu and to the left side menu.

I’m happy to refer my customers to others. It is only because of them I have a business and I can support my family.

If you have a local business do think about helping your customers by helping to promote them. They’ll appreciate the help and it is good for business. If you only have a web site then consider doing what I’m doing. I do think the days where we help each other, rather than a business just providing products and services for profit, will become the norm rather than the exception.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 if you need assistance with your computer.

No comments: