Monday, November 16, 2009

Templestowe Scouts 50th Anniversary

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I dropped in on the Templestowe Scouts 50th celebration. I've never been a boy scout myself, so it was a good chance to check out their displays and learn something new.

To my surprise I met up with some of the locals, so it was good to see familiar faces. I won't name any names, but I did manage to get a few good stories on the day;-)

Checking out the scout badges (sorry if I'm using the wrong terms) and the activities available to scouts was really interesting. The knot display always interests me, as I know some of those knots can come in really handy, but I've never learnt them.

To the chefs I want you to know I enjoyed the excellently cooked snag, smothered in a generous serving of delicious onions.

It really was good to see so many young people having a great time on the day. Thanks for the opportunity to share in the day.

- Kelvin Eldridge

Tags: boy scouts, scout badges, boy scout, scout group, cub scout

No comments: